Sunday, December 4, 2011

There's A Fungus Among Us

There's a stink outside my front door and nobody's owning up to it.
I turn the finger directly to the usual suspects. My kids.
Everybody brushed their teeth?
Check.  Teeth brushed.
Dogs carrying around any yard kill carcases?
Nope.  Just our socks....that I bought last week ~ to replace the old socks that they carried outside to bury, tear holes in and destroy....
Anybody seen the next door neighbors lately?  They sure have been quiet lately.
Oh ~ never mind, they're not dead, I see them pulling out of their driveway now.
Probably to get away from the stink.
Scan yard for evidence leading up to source of stink.
Ahhhhh, sweet bunny.  He looks so cute.  Hey, wait a minute, he's turning his head away in disgust too.
Concrete bunny can't stand the stink either!!!!!!
How could he? The stink vapors are coming from right in front of his lil nose.

See that brain looking thing?  It's the source of the stink!!! Woof!!!! It's disgusting!!! When you catch a whiff of this, you will be RUNNING to get away from it. 
I dig up foul stink and take it to garden shop.
Gag all the way down the road.
Garden lady tells me it's a fungus from over watering. (Who me???? Over water???) The only way to get rid of it is to dig it up and dispose of it. 
Which is what I'm about to do......
As soon as I can find my gas mask.....






post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment